Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's Day!

Just in case you haven't noticed, I LOVE holidays. Any kind of holiday. A week or two before (sometimes more), I start thinking up little things to do throughout the day to make it even more special for my husband or kids. I guess you could say it's an odd little obsession of mine. How crazy I get about all those extra little things. But it's just so fun to me.

Father's Day is one of those really fun days that I look forward to all year long. And this year it was even better because I had a little buddy that is now old enough to help me with most of those little things, and even come up with a few of those ideas herself.

She had made a Father's Day craft a few days ago at Basha's (a fun little grocery store that Zoe is always begging me to go to because they have a little 'daycare area' in the middle of the store with big glass windows and cameras with TVs all around the store so you can watch your kiddie play while you shop. It's pretty fun.) and she was SO excited and proud of it. As soon as we got home from shopping, she ran off to hide it so that Daddy wouldn't see this special little treasure until she could hand it to him.

The kids and I were up bright and early (duh) and got breakfast started for Daddy, and Zoe and I started getting things together for our morning of celebrating that we had planned. The night before, Zoe and I had taken little squares of brightly colored paper and wrote a TON of things we loved about Dad, or things he did that we were grateful for and this morning we taped them all over the house, and tried to coordinate them with what they had to do with (e.g.- "I love how you always help in the kitchen" went by the sink, "Zoe: I love that you play with my dollhouse" went on her dollhouse, etc.). My favorite would have to be:


Hahahah. I had to try so hard not to laugh when she asked me to write this one. It started out just, "I love when Daddy tickles me" but as she looked around the kitchen and saw a picture of a chicken she had made with feathers glued on, she had to add that last part. I can't get enough of the cute little things she says! :)

And here are a few of the other things we made for Pat:




And we ended the day with my first try at Gluten Free cookies. They were super easy, and really yummy! Well... the perfect amount of yummy. Not good enough that I gobbled down the whole batch before the day was over (hallelujah!) but just good enough that I enjoyed 2 cookies, and will hopefully not have another (hallelujah!).


To wrap up this post, I can't help but add a cute little picture that will always melt my heart.

The day Pat became a father. :)

2 comments:

  1. You're just so crafty and always have such good ideas. I'm sure you made the perfect Father's Day for Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Pat and Zoe seriously made me misty eyed...He looks like such a great dad!

    ReplyDelete