Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Sweet Smell of Rain...

Aahhhhhh. It's 7:02 PM. Both kids are asleep and I'm sitting outside on the balcony, enjoying the sound and smell of the first summer rain (and yes, you read that right. Both kids are asleep. Not just in bed, but asleep.). Desert rain is so wonderful, for so many reasons. Probably the best thing would be how beautiful it is.

I can't take credit for this. But I don't know who can.
But I can for this one... right after a good storm last summer.

And the rain has stopped as quickly as it started. But hopefully we'll get more tomorrow. For now I will just enjoy the lightning off in the distance--and the sweet silence of two darling, sleeping kids. :)

I was just informed, by Pat, that his promotion officially went through today. We are both so happy and so grateful. But I don't know many details yet. So, I will update soon after finding more information out and making some decisions about the fall, since this changes things quite a bit.

And the rain started again. :D Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment