Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Let the semester begin!

Our fall classes are in full swing! And boy do I have an exciting semester ahead of me. I don't think I realized what I was getting myself into, when I signed up for 6 online classes. I had been originally planning on doing a few online, and a few on campus but couldn't work that out, around Pat's work and school schedule, so here I am! The first few times I logged on to my WebStudy portal, I felt like crying as about 2 dozen alerts popped up, telling me about my upcoming assignments, lectures, quizzes and exams. But I will be okay. I'm hoping we can find a good baby sitter to come over once a week for a few hours, while I run off to the library to do school work.

Pat had his first class last night, which he is really excited about. It's at the fire station, and is a combined Fire Science and Fire Operations class, so it's going to be pretty intense, but it's something he loves, and I'm sure he'll do great.

After Pat's class ended, he came home and picked up Landon, to take him to the Emergency Room at about 9pm. (Can I just say how awesome it is that Pat works at the hospital!? They treated my baby extra well, since Pat knows all the nurses and doctors in the ER. Pat was approached by numerous hospital employees today, checking up on Landon and wanting details on how his night was and how he seemed today. Awesome!) The poor little guy had a major ear infection and a high fever. Which of course has been accompanied by a cough and runny nose. I feel so guilty for having brushed it off for a week, assuming it was just teething. He's so miserable. :(

I'm feeling a little Zombie-ish from spending all night in a rocking chair the past few nights, and I think this little bug is making it's way to me now. Hopefully we can get rid of it before it does any more harm.

Hope the school year is starting out well for everyone else! I'm off to work on my virtual pile of homework. (Did I use the word virtual correctly? Not sure if that's the word I was looking for... Hmph.) Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment