Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We celebrated Thanksgiving a day early this year, due to Pat's work schedule. Although he did have to work yesterday, he was off in the late afternoon, compared to today where he won't be off until the kid's are in bed. I cooked my first turkey, and we had a wonderful evening with our little family which helped me not miss my BIG family too much--although I do still wish we were there today.

The semester is very close to being over, and I am one happy girl about that! While all online classes have allowed me to be home with my kids more often, they have been a nightmare in just about every other way. Throughout a normal semester, there are holidays, ill teachers and other reasons for class to be cancelled or for a little less homework one week but online classes haven't given me any of those small perks. I received this e-mail from my American History instructor today: "Just wanted to say that I will not be getting on my computer or checking e-mails for the rest of the week, but just wanted to remind you all to get this week's material finished and turned in even though it is a holiday weekend. Have a nice weekend." LUCKY!  >:-(

We have been slowly getting our christmas decorations up around the house, and although we don't have a fireplace to hang our stockings from, we have a wall shelf that is near our christmas tree. I started hunting for stocking hangers about a month ago and was really disappointed by the selection I found, and the idea of spending over $40 to buy four. So, my creative juices started flowing. $2 worth of wood and hooks later plus a little paint, wrapping paper scraps and ribbon--we now have these!


Happy holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Love those. Glad you four still had a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! (P.S. Flint had the same problem w/ his online classes--teachers took the long weekend off but he still had to get online.)

    ReplyDelete